THANKS for a great season of Strawberry Picking!
Upick strawberry patch is closed until July 2020.
We charge $2.50 per pound, which works out to approximately $12 per 4L pail.
When you pick at our fruit farm, it’s a good idea to call before you come… Farms may change picking days and times based on current conditions. Examples:
- You might have had rain in your area, but the farm may not have and could still be open and picking those beautiful berries! (or vice versa … the farm may be experiencing rainstorms or lightning!)
- Any given farm might have had a large number of customers come in, and each farm updates its message if they are ‘picked out’ for the day. (The field replenishes within a day or two.)
- The farm’s website might have said they are open every morning this week and two evenings… but sometimes things change…. (sorry, but farming is “live” and “real” and things do change!)
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Our farm takes CASH, Credit Card, Cheque or Interac/debit.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Water, sunscreen (usually don’t need bug spray because our field is wide open and breezy)
- You might want to bring a cooler for your picked berries… You don’t want those beautiful berries sitting in a hot car while you stop (for gas or lunch or Grunthal Grocery or Grunthal Bakery or Bothwell cheese factory….) Or park in the shade if you do make some stops
- Our farm has picking containers (cardboard baskets). We encourage you to bring you own container… we believe in reducing our carbon footprint and emphasize reducing and reusing…
- Bring friends and children
- Be kind and share the space with your ‘picking neighbour’
- Stay in the row that is assigned to you (Or ask your field host to redirect you to another location)
- Once strawberries are red, they won’t get bigger, so please pick all the ripe berries, large and small
- Strawberries don’t ripen after they are picked … so don’t pick the white/ unripe ones, unless you happen to like them
- Very clean outhouses on site