When you pick at our fruit farm, it’s a good idea to make an appointment before you come…
Due to Covid 19, we want to spread out the arrival of customers, so we ask you to make an appointment.
There are some things that occur on the field that you might keep in mind:
- You might have had rain in your area, but the farm may not have and could still be open and picking those beautiful berries! (or vice versa … the farm may be experiencing rainstorms or lightning!)
- We may occasionally be picked out for the day… this shouldn’t happen if the appointment system is in effect, but sometimes there are imbalances between the number of people wanting strawberries on a given day and the number of berries that ripen for that same day… Sorry, but we operate in real time and not everything is predictable…
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Our farm takes
CASH, Credit Card, Cheque or Interac/debit. (We’ll take CASH if you insist, but prefer other forms of payment.)
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Water, sunscreen (usually don’t need bug spray because our field is wide open and breezy)
- You might want to bring a cooler for your picked berries… You don’t want those beautiful berries sitting in a hot car while you stop (for gas or lunch or Grunthal Grocery or A Baker’s Story in Grunthal or Bothwell cheese factory….) Or park in the shade if you do make some stops
- Our farm has picking containers (cardboard baskets).
- Be kind and share the space with your ‘picking neighbour’
- Stay in the row that is assigned to you (Or ask your field host to redirect you to another location)
- Once strawberries are red, they won’t get bigger, so please pick all the ripe berries, large and small
- Strawberries don’t ripen after they are picked … so don’t pick the white/ unripe ones, unless you happen to like them